In this article we are going to share with you some of the great things from the camp of @Ugaman01, that you can avoid as well as know before you get your Twitter account suspended and find yourself wanting.
The following are opinions which we believe or think you should pay a very close attention to avoid getting suspended on Twitter.
1. First and foremost, you all need to note that most of the rules being enforced by Twitter in suspending accounts are widely related to violation of twitter policies by third party apps that aggressively inflate twitter engagement through retweets and Likes.
2. Last Bell, On 21 Feb 2018, one of Twitter’s API Policy expert @yoyoel penned down an article titled “Automation and the use of multiple accounts” which clearly indicated the company’s stand apps & individuals that artificially inflated engagement. Read: “Automation and the use of multiple accounts”
3. In the last three years, many twitter users across the world came up with what is known as TweetDecks (A group of twitter accounts with high numbers of followers) that started artificially inflating posts engagement but the main problem was lack of content authenticity.
4. To throw more light, “The practice is known as “tweetdecking,” so named because those involved form secret Tweetdeck groups, which they call “decks.” Scoring an invite to join a deck usually requires a follower count in the tens of thousands.” – @BuzzFeed
5. Before going any further, the first victims of Twitter suspension are those accounts sharing similar content on multiple accounts. Avoid falling victim and ensure you share content on one account and organically use your other accounts to retweet the content. This is very key.
6. When Twitter talks about Stealing Tweets, they refer to a situation where Viral Tweets have been copied and pasted on several accounts & inflated to show super engagement. Simply call it tweets plagiarism. Mostly these tweets contain memes or jokes. That calls for a suspension.
7. About Follow Trains:
Those involved in follow trains are at a higher risk of getting their accounts temporarily or permanently suspended. This is because many of them share the same content of “Like and Retweet this”. Keep safe use the hashtags but with varying content.
8. Also those individuals or brands that have signed up on third party apps to help them follow or unfollow users are at a risk of getting suspended most especially if the app does not observe twitter API rules and guidelines. Remedy- quickly check your apps and revoke such Apps.
9. Buying Fake Followers:
Irrespective of how badly you want to impress your readers/customers with a high number of followers, do not, I repeat, DO NOT BUY Followers. You are either buying bots or followers on decks that will easily get your account suspended.
10: On Massively Following, Unfollowing and Direct Messaging Users:
Please note that Twitter has in place activity limits on each of its features per 24 hours. Check the following image and take a careful study of activity limits to avoid falling victim of suspension.
11. Here are some of the things to Avoid;
- >Aggressive or inorganic following behavior,
- >Inappropriate use of automation for replies and mentions,
- >Scheduling similar content to be posted on different accounts
- > Posting duplicative or substantially similar content
Hope you enjoyed it and learned a lot, if you did please go ahead and share for your followers to enjoy the same.
You can also ask #teamKuulvibes some questions here on the comments box below and with the help of @Ugaman01 we will reply you all.
Cheers and make social media a productive tool.