EXO will be performing at the 2018 Winter Olympics Closing Ceremony on Feb. 25, and if you’re not familiar with them, you’re in luck. Here are five things to know about the super popular South Korean band!
1. EXO has a whopping nine band members. Formed in 2011, the South Korean-Chinese boy group debuted in 2012, with its members separated into two subgroups. Exo-K features members Suho, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, D.O., Kai, and Sehun, and performs in Korean. Exo-M (Xiumin, Lay, Chen) performs in Mandarin.
2. Their discography is massive. EXO has released four studio albums, six EPs and one live album.
3. EXO has already been involved in Olympic activities. Baekhyun performed the South Korean national anthem at the opening ceremony for the International Olympic Committee’s conference on Feb. 5.
4. The guys are super dedicated to philanthropy. EXO members have been ambassadors for South Korea’s Red Cross Youth, Fashion-KODE 2014 and the 2014 Summer Youth Olympics, and they’ve worked with UNICEF on charitable work.
5. EXO has career aspirations outside of music, too. The group has starred in several reality shows, and had a web series.